California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
See more at: http://consumercal.org/california-online-privacy-protection-act-caloppa/#sthash.0FdRbT51.dpuf
In accordance with CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
Personal Identifiable Information
What other personal information do we collect?
When ordering or signing up on our site, you may be asked to enter information to help us personalize your online experience with Catalyst Films, LLC. You may be asked to enter the following: name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, or other details.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, navigate the website, or enter information on our site via survey or marketing communication.
You may decline to provide certain information to us, in which case we may not be able to provide you access to certain features and functionalities of the site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect in the following ways:
- Name: To address you appropriately and verify your identity
- Email Address: To serve as a point of contact, to share information and materials with you
- Mailing Address: To ship your purchased orders
- Phone Number: To aid in efficient order deliveries
- Credit Card Information: To process your orders securely
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible to a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems. These persons are required by contract to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
All transactions are processed through a secure gateway provider and credit card information is not stored or processed on our servers.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We will comply with any request to correct, delete, or withdraw consent to our use of your information.
See more information here: https://www.eugdpr.org
We retain your information for as long as required to respond to and resolve inquiries and to process and share relevant information with you about ordered products. For mailing list subscriptions, we retain your information for as long as you remain subscribed (i.e. you do not unsubscribe).
This website collects personal data to power our site analytics, including:
- Information about your browser, network, and device
- Web pages you visited prior to coming to this website
- Your IP address
This information may also include details about your use of this website, including:
- Internal links
- Pages visited
We share this information with Squarespace, our website analytics provider, to learn about site traffic and activity.
- These functional and required cookies are always used, which allow Squarespace, our hosting platform, to securely serve this website to you.
- These analytics and performance cookies are used on this site, as described below, only when you acknowledge our cookie banner. We use analytics cookies to view site traffic, activity, and other data.
Using Google Analytics, as a third-party vendor, we collect the following data:
- Demographics and Interests
All of our activity complies with Google Analytics Terms of Service. More information on how Google uses data can be found here: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
Do Not Track signals
We honor Do Not Track (DNT) signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a DNT browser mechanism is in place.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your PII unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
We comply with COPPA and do not knowingly market to or allow third-parties to collect PII from children under the age of 13. We require the consent of a parent or guardian to collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Fair Information Practices
In compliance with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 7 business days.
We agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law.
You reserve the right to opt-out of receiving future emails. If you wish to do so: Follow the instructions located at the bottom of each email. We will remove you from all correspondence.
The CAN-SPAM Act sets rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to unsubscribe from emails, and indicates the penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after an original transaction has occurred.
In accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in a reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Updated – February 2021