Freelance Content Creator
& Community Manager
Slow Growth Academy
We’re looking for an experienced Content Creator & Community Manager to help grow our thriving community of creative self-development nerds.
We’ll break the ice
At Slow Growth Academy, we don’t get caught up chasing instant success and gratification. We’re committed to the slow burn of real, sustainable, life-long growth.
Focusing on the journey rather than the destination, we provide no-bullshit courses on self-development, filmmaking and creativity to a community of 80k+ nerds looking to level up.
Here’s where you come in
We’re on a serious hunt for a driven and self-motivated content creator to join our small, multi-hat-wearing team.
- Freelance capacity, starting from 25 hours a week
- Work from your couch, anywhere in the world
- Help build a community that elevates people to build practical skills for life
- Create impact and be appreciated by hundreds of thousands of people (aside from your mom)
- Competitive compensation, based on experience
You’ll be supported by a passionate team, with opportunities to wrangle invaluable tips (and self-deprecating jokes) from award-winning filmmaker & YouTuber Matt D’Avella.
Looking into the magical 8-ball
We’re a small team, which means we’re a little good-crazy and it’s never a snooze fest.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Creating Content
- Create & manage content to share with a passionate audience of nearly 80k followers on Instagram.
- Identify & develop new content streams for Slow Growth on social (newsletters, TikTok, etc.).
- Oversee the operation of a company’s email newsletter and provide analytics for team review
- Community Engagement
- Help to foster a community on the @slowgrowth Instagram page & Slack Community by interacting with people, answering questions & helping to stir up conversation.
- Resolve any support issues or sales questions that arise via support channels (@slowgrowth, [email protected]).
- Develop and implement marketing plans for product launches & initiatives across all brand channels.
- Conduct customer, brand, and product research initiatives to form and influence larger strategies.
- Public Relations
- Assist with all external public relations. Organizing interviews, setting up locations, etc.
Are we a match?
We’ll vibe if:
- You’re a self-starter that’s able to work autonomously
- You have 3-5 years of experience creating content and building audiences
- You’re scrappy and are committed to “figuring it out”
- You’re passionate about self-development and believe in the Slow Growth philosophy
- You have experience managing creative assets and using Adobe Photoshop
- Design experience a plus
Think we’d be stupid not to hire you? Apply and show us what you’ve got!Apply Now
Sorry, no recruiters, please.