Freelance Video Editor
Slow Growth Academy
We’re looking for a wizard-like freelance video editor to elevate our ideas and bring them to life.
Do you have razor-sharp attention to detail and creative storytelling chops? Then we need to chat…
We’ll break the ice
At Slow Growth Academy, we don’t get caught up chasing instant success and gratification. We’re committed to the slow burn of real, sustainable, life-long growth.
Focusing on the journey rather than the destination, we provide no-bullshit courses on self-development, filmmaking and creativity to a community of 80k+ nerds looking to level up.
Here’s where you come in
We’re on a serious hunt for a talented video editor to join our small, but fast-growing team.
- Freelance capacity, flexible hours
- Work from your crumb-covered couch, anywhere in the world
- Help build a community that elevates people to build practical skills for life
- Create impact and be appreciated by hundreds of thousands of people (aside from your mom)
- Competitive compensation, based on experience
You’ll be supported by a passionate team, with opportunities to wrangle invaluable tips (and self-deprecating jokes) from award-winning filmmaker & YouTuber Matt D’Avella.
Looking into the magical 8-ball
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Organize and edit Slow Growth Academy video courses. You will start with the raw footage and edit the lessons into compelling long-form video content that will go live on slowgrowth.com.
- Identify creative solutions for difficult editing problems (and communicate directly with our director to identify additional content that needs to be filmed).
- Finalize lessons by mixing sound, color grading video lessons, exporting and uploading to a shared Google Drive.
- Edit quick-paced promotional content from the courses for social media, YouTube and course landing pages.
- Select and edit any photos for use on social media, web assets and thumbnails for each lesson.
Are we a match?
We’ll vibe if:
- You have at least 3-5 years of video editing experience
- You are highly proficient in FCPX or Adobe Premiere Pro
- You know your way around Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop
- You can work autonomously within given frameworks
- You’re scrappy and are committed to “figuring it out”
- Bonus: You’re passionate about self-development
- Bonus x2: You know your way around a camera and can film additional content for Slow Growth.
Think we’d be stupid not to hire you? Show us what you’ve got!Apply Now
Sorry, no recruiters, please.