Freelance Writer & Researcher
Slow Growth Academy
We’re looking for a freelance word nerd and fact-finder to power-up Slow Growth Academy. If you’re passionate about self-development & have a knack for writing, then we need to talk.
We’ll break the ice
At Slow Growth Academy, we don’t get caught up chasing instant success and gratification. We’re committed to the slow burn of real, sustainable, life-long growth.
Focusing on the journey rather than the destination, we provide no-bullshit courses on self-development, filmmaking and creativity to a community of 80k+ nerds looking to level up.
Here’s where you come in
We’re on the hunt for a talented Freelance Writer & Researcher to join our team. Here are some high-level deets:
- Freelance capacity, flexible hours
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Help build a community that gives people the tools & practical skills to win at life
- Create impact and be appreciated by hundreds of thousands of people (aside from your mom)
- Competitive compensation, based on your experience
You’ll be supported by a passionate team, with opportunities to wrangle invaluable tips (and self-deprecating jokes) from award-winning filmmaker & YouTuber Matt D’Avella.
Looking into the magical 8-ball
Conquering to-do lists and kicking goals, proactivity will be your best friend.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Conducting research to:
- Identify potential topics for new courses or products
- Provide in-depth analysis on selected course topics
- Identify target audiences and their motivations
- Write long-form content (e.g. lesson scripts, blog posts & newsletters) that
- Are imaginative, informative and in our brand voice
- Capture and convey the material and objectives
- Require minimal editing
Are we a match?
We’ll vibe if:
- 3-5 years of experience writing long-form content (blogs, essays, etc.)
- Experience writing for videos
- A strategic mindset that isn’t afraid to bring ideas to the table
- A clear, informative writing style without being yawn-worthy formal
- You’re scrappy and are committed to “figuring it out”
- You’re passionate about self-development, productivity, and creativity.
Think we’d be stupid not to hire you? Apply and show us what you’ve got!Apply Now
Sorry, no recruiters, please.